Friday, August 14, 2020

CANYON: A one-page solo RPG

The inimitable Luther Gutekunst of Archon's Court posted a 200-word RPG today. Here's his description:

Canyon is a duet game about resource management and unexpected solutions, set in a largely undescribed post-apocalypse. I haven't gotten to test it yet, but I'd like to.

It's really good. I played a test run. It wasn't supposed to be a solo RPG, but the way the ghoul acts seemed so perfect for scripting that I couldn't help but think of it as one.

A handful of discord messages, a hastily googled public domain stock photo, and an hour and a half in photoshop later, I turned it into a one-page solo game:

Click for big, or here for PDF.

Like all solo RPGs, this one probably requires a little bit of interpretation on the part of the player/GM - but not much. 

In case it helps, here are two playtest reports with very slight differences in interpretation. Both are correct:

No comments:

Post a Comment